Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy 10 yrs since our Engagement

On October 24,1998 Jason asked me to marry him!
WOW! How time flies! I still remember going home
and telling my parents I was going to get married.
My dad was shocked. It didn't sink into my dad's head what I had told him until a few hours later.
It never really sunk in,until the day he walked me down the aisle.
I miss him very much!
I even remember my mom had made mac & cheese from scratch
and then we went out to celebrate ourselves.
Tonight Jason and I will be celebrating by
going out by ourselves for dinner, food shopping and
shopping for a Halloween costume for me (even though I like the one I wear everyday) A stay at home Mom.
We are finally realizing that we need time to ourselves.
Ashley is starting to understand that mommy and daddy
need alone time. It is very important to have Adult time in a marriage.
I am sure Ashley will be giving us the guilt trip like she did last
week when we went to a wedding.
We had nice time at the wedding.
We are hoping to have a good time this weekend, kid free for two nights.
We have a babysitter. This is weird the girl who is babysitting
for us is a girl I used to watch when she was 4. Now is
18. WOW! I am getting old. It's a small world.
We actually reunited when Jason
was @ their neighbors house for a fire call.
God does work in wonderful ways.
Alana is a great person someday she will be in Congress.
She's not your typical teenager.
She is very excited to watch Ashley.
Ashley is excited too!
From here on in no matter what happens or what will ever did happen Jason and I will love each other Forever.
Just like the words in our wedding song "Forever" by Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys.
I will post more over the weekend!
Have a great weekend everyone! Here are some pictures of us from then and now.




Taken last week.


10 years ago

1 comment:

JoAnn in NJ said...

Happy Anniversary!
You look beautiful!